BECOME A FUNDRAISER TODAY AT: O’Connell’s Run to Cure Cystic Fibrosis
Help children with cystic fibrosis (CF) and earn chances to win a great prizes!
100% of Proceeds Benefit
|The Cystic Fibrosis Center at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and associated with The Columbia-Presbyterian University Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Center in New York City. The CF Center is a New Jersey State Referral Site for infants identified through the newborn CF screening program.The experienced CF care group at St. Joseph’s includes members of the Pediatric Pulmonology Division as well as Gastroenterologists, Endocrinologists, and Infectious Disease Specialists who work in collaboration with social workers, nutritionists, respiratory and physical therapists.|
The goal of the Cystic Fibrosis team is to evaluate, diagnose and provide up-to-date comprehensive care emphasizing the following:
- Normal growth and development
- Prevention of complications such as failure to thrive, malnutrition, recurrent pulmonary infections
- Assisting the child and family with integrating the treatment regime into their home and school life
- Overall education regarding the disease and future expected outcomes.
- Maintaining medical independence and sustaining a better quality of life.